• We kindly request chatzozo forum members to follow forum rules to avoid getting a temporary suspension. Do not use non-English languages in the International Sex Chat Discussion section. This section is mainly created for everyone who uses English as their communication language.

Is the Term ‘Soul’ Adequate for Describing Essence?

JalJala

Epic Legend
Senior's
If essence has no qualities or attributes, how can we justify describing it merely with the term ‘soul’? How does the idea of a ‘soulmate,’ which suggests specific traits, fit with the notion of essence having no qualities or attributes? Isn’t describing essence with just the term ‘soul’ and believing that term to be supreme limiting the mind? Could this fixation on a belief or idea lead to neurosis, depression, isolation, nightmares, or even violence? If there is a soul and it has a soulmate, can anyone show and describe what it actually looks like? Anyone?

Good question... Actually in reality you can't justify this... But u can only feel your soul mate if you feel more attached to then intensely and internally. This could be out of mind since it's a connected consciousness. Its way beyond our thought process of perceiving what it is.

Do you even understand my question? Are you sure about your answer and not just theorizing? If essence doesn’t have any qualities or attributes, how can we make sense of the idea of a ‘soulmate,’ which involves specific traits and feelings? How can we experience something like a soulmate if essence is supposed to have no qualities? Isn’t there a contradiction between saying essence has no traits and the idea of a soulmate having specific traits?

Do you even understand my question? Are you sure about your answer and not just theorizing? If essence doesn’t have any qualities or attributes, how can we make sense of the idea of a ‘soulmate,’ which involves specific traits and feelings? How can we experience something like a soulmate if essence is supposed to have no qualities? Isn’t there a contradiction between saying essence has no traits and the idea of a soulmate having specific traits?
can you please tell what you meant in simple terms ji:cry1:, I guess you are a psychologist:happy1:

I do bro.. All the feeling and thought process are only experienced. We cant explain or you may not experience what i feel of being a soulmate. Traits.. Qualities and feelings cant be measured exactly.. Since even psychology measures some of the aspects with questionnaire which is not exactly same as always. So these are meant to only felt and it cant be measured or compared with multiple traits quality and feelings.

If essence has no qualities or attributes, how can we justify describing it merely with the term ‘soul’? How does the idea of a ‘soulmate,’ which suggests specific traits, fit with the notion of essence having no qualities or attributes? Isn’t describing essence with just the term ‘soul’ and believing that term to be supreme limiting the mind? Could this fixation on a belief or idea lead to neurosis, depression, isolation, nightmares, or even violence? If there is a soul and it has a soulmate, can anyone show and describe what it actually looks like? Anyone?
I understood what you want...
The term "soul" and "soulmate", it is just a feel...
It can be described in many ways..

Though many of us not seen its presence but I have met some of people who told me abt this...

If I'll say I have seen its presence, it will not be true...

So before understanding soulmate we should discuss about Soul...

I'll meet u soon buddy to discuss it with you...

I understood what you want...
The term "soul" and "soulmate", it is just a feel...
It can be described in many ways..

Though many of us not seen its presence but I have met some of people who told me abt this...

If I'll say I have seen its presence, it will not be true...

So before understanding soulmate we should discuss about Soul...

I'll meet u soon buddy to discuss it with you...
In ordinary language it is often heard that “The Soul is immortal, i.e., it never dies”.
People have defined soul in many ways. What are those aspects, let us first see which are mainly:
1. Religious ideas
2. Philosophical thoughts
3. According to science
4. According to parapsychology.

1. Religious idea
According to religious belief every religion like Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Isai, Buddhism, Jainism, Parsi, Yahudi etc accept that presence of Soul is there.
But there are many beliefs regarding the origin or existence of Soul.

When we read, we find that famous philosophers Aristotle, Plato, Socrates say on the basis of their experience that ~ a soul can be either mortal or immortal.
The Pythagorean belief, however, presented the soul as lifeless upon leaving the body, and that it went to the underworld without any hope of returning to the body.

3. According to science
According to Muspolino, there is currently no scientific evidence to support the existence of the soul. The exploration of the soul is considered helpful in furthering the understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the human body, particularly in the fields of cardiovascular and neuroscience. There are two major conflicting concepts of the soul – one considering it spiritual and immortal, and the other considering it physical and mortal, both of which describe the soul as being located in a particular organ or pervading the entire body.

But at the same time, Near death experiences, some researchers attribute such phenomena to the relationship between the mind and the brain.

In 1901, Duncan McDougall conducted an experiment in which he measured the weight of patients as they died. He claimed that different amounts of weight are lost at the time of death; He concluded, based on measurements of a patient, that the soul weighed 21 grams, which was later rejected.

The existence or non-existence of the soul has been described in many other ways. Now the question is whether there really is a soul or not? It is important what we believe in. Only after this can there be any logical discussion on further issues.

In ordinary language it is often heard that “The Soul is immortal, i.e., it never dies”.
People have defined soul in many ways. What are those aspects, let us first see which are mainly:
1. Religious ideas
3. According to science

1. Religious idea
According to religious belief every religion like Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Isai, Buddhism, Jainism, Parsi, Yahudi etc accept that presence of Soul is there.

When we read, we find that famous philosophers Aristotle, Plato, Socrates say on the basis of their experience that ~ a soul can be either mortal or immortal.
The Pythagorean belief, however, presented the soul as lifeless upon leaving the body, and that it went to the underworld without any hope of returning to the body.

3. According to science
According to Muspolino, there is currently no scientific evidence to support the existence of the soul. The exploration of the soul is considered helpful in furthering the understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the human body, particularly in the fields of cardiovascular and neuroscience. There are two major conflicting concepts of the soul – one considering it spiritual and immortal, and the other considering it physical and mortal, both of which describe the soul as being located in a particular organ or pervading the entire body.

But at the same time, Near death experiences, some researchers attribute such phenomena to the relationship between the mind and the brain.

In 1901, Duncan McDougall conducted an experiment in which he measured the weight of patients as they died. He claimed that different amounts of weight are lost at the time of death; He concluded, based on measurements of a patient, that the soul weighed 21 grams, which was later rejected.

The existence or non-existence of the soul has been described in many other ways. Now the question is whether there really is a soul or not? It is important what we believe in. Only after this can there be any logical discussion on further issues.
All will align at one point.. Pure Love and intelligence to attain the bigger energy soul..

giphy.gif

It doesn’t matter who I am or what I do. I see this might be quite lengthy, but anyone who wishes to see the observation can do so. I’ve tried my best to clarify the point; if I can’t make it clear, I will try to come up with a different scenario. Thanks for sharing your insights, friends. Let me illustrate this with multiple scenarios that might help clarify the point.

Scenario 1:
Consider the present moment as the "essence." Witness it as it is, without overthinking it. The essence of the present moment—the immediacy, the pure existence—is something you directly witness. Since the present moment never accumulates memories, you cannot experience or understand it in the conventional sense. It exists only as it is, free from the influence of past experiences or future anticipations.

Similarly, if essence truly lacks qualities or attributes, referring to it as a ‘soul’ or discussing concepts like a ‘soulmate’—which implies specific traits—contradicts the notion that essence is without attributes. Terms like ‘soul’ add qualities to something that, by its nature, should remain free of specific attributes.

When you attempt to describe or capture the present moment, you are not truly witnessing it; instead, you become caught up in thoughts and comparisons. This illustrates that essence is best appreciated by observing it as it is, without adding layers of description or labels. Descriptions are inherently personal and limited, and they can never fully capture the essence. Just as with the present moment, essence exists beyond our efforts to define it with specific traits.

Scenario 2:
Now, consider another scenario: In describing "the essence" to you all, I have put in considerable effort, yet I am still unable to fully convey or make you understand it. This highlights that words and individual perception cannot capture "the essence" fully because the essence is a fundamental fact that can only be witnessed, not captured, recognized, experienced, or understood. What I am trying to express is that while I can witness "the essence" as a fact, any attempt to describe it turns it into an idea. I can’t describe it fully because, in doing so, I am no longer witnessing it but rather trying to describe it, thus losing my connection with the present moment, which is the essence of everything.

Therefore, while concepts like a ‘soulmate’ may be appealing, they can restrict our view of essence, which is inherently beyond attributes and descriptions. Focusing on labels and traits might lead to misunderstandings or emotional distress, as it diverts from the pure, undivided observation of essence.

Essence cannot be labeled or captured by mere words like "soul." These terms imply specific qualities or traits, which contradict the fact that essence is beyond attributes. Just as descriptions fall short of fully capturing the present moment, so too do words and terms fail to encapsulate essence. The essence remains beyond any attempts to define or label it. Words or terms simply cannot capture the essence.

If "love" is a fact and the essence of everything, it is fundamentally indescribable. Love, as the core essence, transcends specific attributes and cannot be fully captured by words or definitions. Desire, on the other hand, is an idea—essentially a description of that essence. While love remains a profound truth beyond description, desire represents our attempts to articulate or experience aspects of that essence.

Haha ya... Even i read lot of psychology.. Let him come up with layman's term
can you please tell what you meant in simple terms ji:cry1:, I guess you are a psychologist:happy1:
The topic is quite complex, but I’ll do my best to explain.
:giggle::Cwl:

Let’s explore this with a simpler scenario:

Essence is like the air around us. You can’t see the air, and it doesn’t have a color or shape, but you know it’s there because you can breathe it. Essence is similar. It’s not something you can touch or see directly, and it doesn’t have any special features. It’s just there, and you can’t really describe it with words or feelings. It’s the fundamental truth that everything is made of, even though we can't see or touch it directly.

In this way, essence is an underlying truth that doesn’t rely on qualities or attributes and isn’t felt in the usual sense.

Understanding Essence and ‘Soulmate’:

Essence, like air, is the fundamental truth that we can’t see or touch directly. It has no specific traits or qualities; it’s simply the underlying truth of everything.

On the other hand, the idea of a ‘soulmate’ involves specific traits and feelings. When people talk about a soulmate, they’re describing a special connection with someone who has certain qualities that resonate with their own.

So, there’s no contradiction here. Essence itself doesn’t have traits or feelings; it’s the basic truth behind everything. When we talk about a soulmate, we’re not describing the essence itself but rather a relationship that feels meaningful because of the specific qualities and traits of the individuals involved.

In simple terms, essence is like the invisible background of everything, while a soulmate is about the particular traits and feelings that people experience and describe.

1. Religious ideas
3. According to science

1. Religious idea

3. According to science

Thank you, and I apologize for the delayed response, dear friend. I appreciate you sharing your insights on the concept of the soul from various perspectives. Your explanation highlights how the soul has been understood through religious beliefs, philosophical thoughts, scientific inquiry, and parapsychological studies.

However, it's important to witness that these perspectives often stem from accumulated memories, cultural contexts, and personal beliefs. Each theory or idea about the soul adds layers of interpretation that can obscure its true nature. Therefore, the essence of the soul may be beyond our conventional frameworks and descriptions.

My attention is solely on witnessing things as they are, rather than experiencing, recognizing, or understanding them. As I see it, the present moment is crucial—beyond the past or the future—because accumulated memories often lead to conflict and confusion. I value facts over ideas.

While these perspectives provide valuable insights, they are shaped by specific viewpoints and biases. To approach the essence of the soul more objectively, we might need to move beyond these accumulated ideas and consider that any true essence, if ‘the soul’ exists, transcends our attempts to label or define it. This approach may lead to a more profound view of the essence itself, beyond the limitations of our current theories and beliefs.

Thank you, and I apologize for the delayed response, dear friend. I appreciate you sharing your insights on the concept of the soul from various perspectives. Your explanation highlights how the soul has been understood through religious beliefs, philosophical thoughts, scientific inquiry, and parapsychological studies.

However, it's important to witness that these perspectives often stem from accumulated memories, cultural contexts, and personal beliefs. Each theory or idea about the soul adds layers of interpretation that can obscure its true nature. Therefore, the essence of the soul may be beyond our conventional frameworks and descriptions.

My attention is solely on witnessing things as they are, rather than experiencing, recognizing, or understanding them. As I see it, the present moment is crucial—beyond the past or the future—because accumulated memories often lead to conflict and confusion. I value facts over ideas.

While these perspectives provide valuable insights, they are shaped by specific viewpoints and biases. To approach the essence of the soul more objectively, we might need to move beyond these accumulated ideas and consider that any true essence, if ‘the soul’ exists, transcends our attempts to label or define it. This approach may lead to a more profound view of the essence itself, beyond the limitations of our current theories and beliefs.
It's ok buddy...
I jst shared the the belief and study related to Soul...
My ideas was first we will understand about it and then we will discuss it step by step...

I have seen ur all views..
It's good...

I think your level of thoughts is beyond my little prefrontal cortex. But for sure I got some points from your thread ji.
:giggle:
Thank you for your response. I see that the topic was a bit complex. With time and exploration, you may find it easier to grasp.